VA Maine Healthcare System
Portland Mental Health Outpatient Clinic
Portland Mental Health Outpatient Clinic offers mental health and substance abuse treatment utilizing a multi-disciplinary staff of mental health professionals. Our goal is to provide veterans with comprehensive services and appropriate referrals for continuum of health care.
- Services include treatment for anxiety, depression and other major mental illnesses, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), individual/group therapy for chemical dependency, treatment for military sexual trauma and medication management.
- Comprehensive smoking cessation program to assist veterans to quit smoking through education, support and medical management of nicotine withdrawal.
- Clozaril Clinic - Medication management and supportive therapy are provided.
- Suboxone Intensive Outpatient Program. Individual, group therapy and medication management are provided in support of recovery from opiate addiction.
- VA Home-Based Primary Care (HBPC) is represented by a multi-disciplinary team of VA staff.
Clinic Point of Contact: Lee Thompson, LCSW
Togus Point of Contact: Mary Tibbetts, MD, MBA, Director of Mental Health Services
From the Togus VA Medical Center turn right onto ME-226 S/Togus Rd. Bear right in Randolph at ME-9/ME-27, then merge left. Turn left across bridge onto ME-126 W/ME-27 N/ME-9 W/Bridge St. Continue on this road for 3.5 miles, merging left onto I-295 S towards Brunswick. Go 45.4 miles; merge onto US-1A S/FRANKLIN ARTERIAL via Exit 7 toward FRANKLIN ST. Go 1 mile, turn left onto FORE ST. (Fore St. is just past Middle St.) Go .2 miles, 144 FORE ST. is on the right.
Free on premises