VA Maine Healthcare System
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
To make an appointment, you must be enrolled with VAMC Togus to receive healthcare. If you are not enrolled, go to the Eligibility page link.
To make an appointment, please refer to listing below for appropriate contact information.
- For Primary Care appointments at Togus VAMC, please call (207) 623-8411 or toll free 1-877-421-8263, ext 7490.
- For Primary Care appointment at a Community Based Outpatient Clinic, (CBOC), contact that CBOC directly.
- For all non-primary care appointments, please contact applicable department/service directly.
- For Medical Mobile Unit (MMU), please call 1-866-961-9263. Note: There may be a slight delay in voice due to satellite transmission.
Checking Your Appointments
For a listing of your current appointments, please call the Medical Center at (207) 623-5770 or 1-877-421-8263, ext. 5770 and follow the automated instructions.
Cancelling Your Appointment
If you cannot keep an existing appointment, please contact us as soon as you are aware you cannot make your appointment. This will allow us to reschedule you sooner as well as schedule one of your fellow veterans for the original appointment date and time. For VAMC Togus, call (207) 623-8411 or 1-877-421-8263, press 9. For CBOC or Mental Health Community Based appointments, contact that clinic directly. For the Mobile Medical Unit (MMU), please call them at 1-866-961-9263.
To make an appointment with a particular clinic or service at Togus, call (207) 623-8411 or 1-877-421-8263 and use the appropriate extension provided below —
|Togus VAMC Primary Care & Women's Clinic||7490|
|Blind Rehabilitation (VIST)||4364|
|Chemical Dependence Recovery Program (CDRP)||4098, 4125, 4127|
|Comp & Pen||4733, 5595, 5697|
|ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat)||4381|
|Geriatrics & Extended Care||5029|
|Geriatrics Home Based Primary Care||5360|
|Kinesiotherapy, Building 200||5944|
|Kinesiotherapy, Building 200||5409|
|Mental Health Clinic||4443, 5515, 5729|
|Occupational Therapy, Building 200||5374|
|Occupational Therapy, Building 207||4589|
|Physical Therapy, Building 200||5078 or 5079|
|Physical Therapy, Building 200||5409|
|Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)||5510|
|Spinal Cord Injury||4275|
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.